Table of ContentsToggle
What is MovieBloc (MBL)?
The entertainment industry has undergone several transformations over the years, from old black-n-white to colored films to digital web series and more- all to satisfy our needs. However, in this rapid evolution, entertainment production, distribution, and exhibition are now dominated by a few conglomerates. The existing distribution systems solely prioritize and showcase content that’s primarily focused on maximizing profit margins. This limits filmmakers’ opportunity as well as our rights to enjoy content with a diverse range of genres and creative intentions.
MovieBloc is a decentralized content distribution platform running on blockchain that offers equal and transparent movie screening and viewing opportunities to content creators, curators, and viewers. Users can purchase or rent movies of their choice, and creators automatically earn a share of generated revenue through smart contracts on the platform. MovieBloc ecosystem is powered by an MBL token that is used for staking, payments, and incentivizing users.
|Chris Kang, Jeffrey Jin and Peter Kim
|Utility and Governance
|Verifiable Byzantine Fault Tolerance (VBFT)
Who are the Founders of MovieBloc?
MovieBloc was co-founded by Chris Kang, Jeffrey Jin, and Peter Kim in 2019 in collaboration with KMPlayer to build a participant-centric ecosystem for film production and distribution. Its co-founders have a rich experience in the entertainment industry, with Peter Kim serving as CEO of Pandora.TV (video-streaming platform in Korea), and Chris completed Bachelor in Film & Television and has been part of the blockchain team.
How does MovieBloc(MBL) work?
The MovieBloc architecture consists of three layers to provide blockchain’s security features and a seamless viewing experience to users:
- Application Layer: This is the interface of the Moviebloc platform, where users can buy or rent from listed movies and stream videos in high definition. It also has a BLOC community layer for creators to network with other producers, investors, etc., and hire translators and designers for their production purposes.
- Service Layer: The main layer of MovieBloc utilizes the Ontology blockchain, with a Data Module to store large and complex databases to enhance the platform’s efficiency. Its service module connects the community layer .BLOC, Market, and Festival to facilitate smooth processing and transmission of services as per users type.
- Decentralization Core: Creators need to record their content information, such as price, related information, etc., on Moviebloc. Based on this data, the platform manages a transparent flow of token economy between its participants and creators.
What makes MBL Unique Use Cases?
- The key feature of MovieBloc is the participants’ engagement- content production, marketing, and translation are worked by its participants themselves.
- The platform organizes film festivals every quarter to appreciate quality films and creators and help them in fundraising.
- Users can review and report illegal content on the platform to earn MBL token rewards.
- It brings transparency for creators by offering insights into follower stats and audience preferences to help them create higher-quality content.
MovieBloc (MBL) Price Analysis
- MBL’s price today is trading at $0.002859, with a 24-hour trading volume of $4.65 million. In the last 24 hours, The MBL price has rallied by 1.14%, and its market cap is $46.72 million as of July 13, 2023.
- MBL price has been following a downtrend after rejection from $0.00345 in April and declined to $0.0023.
- However, MBL price has managed to recover over 24% since then, and if the sentiment remains positive, it might touch $0.0034.
|MBL Price Today
|Price Change (Yearly)
|Market Rank (as per CMC)
|Fully Diluted Market Cap
How to Buy MBL Tokens in India?
To buy MBL Token in India, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the CoinDCX App
- Enter the details for registration.
- Complete KYC
- Once your profile is verified, fund your wallet and buy MBL Tokens.
Alien Worlds: Explore, compete, and thrive in a decentralized NFT metaverse.
eCash (XEC): Revolutionizing digital transactions, leaving Bitcoin’s shadow in style!