What is Casper (CSPR)?
Casper is a permissionless layer-1 public blockchain that facilitates the development of smart contracts and dApps. As per its white paper, the platform is specifically designed to meet the project requirements of big enterprises and tech developers. Its mission is to design an easily adaptable blockchain platform that enables long-term, future-proof solutions for real-world challenges which evolve with market needs. Casper archives this by solving blockchain trilemma to ensure the network’s security, decentralization, and high throughput for scalability.
Casper’s native utility token CSPR is used as a reward for network development participants, for staking, and for payment of network gas fees and other on-chain processes.
|Launch Date||March 2021|
|Founder||Medha Parlikar and Mrinal Manohar|
|Blockchain Protocol||Casper Blockchain|
|Market Cap||$525.91 million|
|Token Type||Native and Governance|
|Circulating Supply||11.06 billion|
|Total Supply||11.75 billion|
|Consensus Method||Highway Protocol|
Who are the Founders of Casper?
Casper was founded in 2018 by Mrinal Manohar, Casper’s CEO, and Medha Parlikar, Casper’s CTO. Medha has been involved with technology since the 1980s. She has delivered SaaS production software for big companies such as Adobe, Omniture, and Avalara. On the other hand, Mrinal has worked in the tech and finance sectors. He is also among the seed investors for some big blockchain projects, including Ethereum, Blockstack, Filecoin, Maker, etc.
How does Casper work?
Casper network is backed by a Proof of stake algorithm and uses Highway consensus protocol for its working. Highway protocol is built on the highly ranked Correct-by-Construction(CBC) consensus designed by Casper. The algorithm depends on geographically decentralized validators for the verification of transactions and network security. Casper nodes are required to stake CSPR tokens to become validator nodes and participate in the PoS consensus mechanism for earning rewards. As a typical PoS mechanism, nodes with greater stakes have high chance of reaching consensus.
Furthermore, the protocol ensures more than two-thirds of validator nodes maintain honesty to achieve high finality and seamless platform performance.
What makes CSPR Unique-Use Cases?
- Casper’s PoS consensus algorithm makes it a more energy-efficient blockchain network than Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- It removes the migration process requirement in case the user needs change by offering future-proof upgradeable smart contracts.
- Casper WebAssembly(wasm) integration eliminates programming language dependencies providing users a developer-friendly environment.
- Casper’s Turing completeness enables devs to auto-debug code before executing it for actual use.
- Some projects built in the Casper ecosystem include MetaCask, CasperPunks, and CSPR.studio, Huboi, Make, etc.
Casper (CSPR) Price Analysis
- Casper’s price has significantly increased since the beginning of 2023, with its recent breakout in mid-April making a YTD high of $0.06357.
- Since the past few weeks, Casper’s price has displayed a downtrend and is currently trading below its 50-day moving average at $0.04751.
- Below 50 RSI indicates short-term bearish sentiment in the market. However, if the Casper price continues to resilience, it might reach $0.055 soon.
|CSPR Price Today||$0.04751|
|Price Change (Yearly)||22%|
|Market Rank (as per CMC)||75|
|Market Cap||$525.91 million|
|Fully Diluted Market Cap||$557.29 million|
How to Buy CSPR Token in India?
To buy Casper Token in India, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the CoinDCX App on your Smartphone
- Enter the details required for registration.
- Complete KYC
- After your profile is verified, fund your wallet and buy a CSPR
Alien Worlds: Explore, compete, and thrive in a decentralized NFT metaverse.
eCash (XEC): Revolutionizing digital transactions, leaving Bitcoin’s shadow in style!