What is AirSwap (AST)?
Decentralized exchanges have turned out as great alternatives for traditional centralized systems, allowing users to trade tokens in a trustless manner. However, these exchanges also have drawbacks such as slow transaction speed, privacy concerns as trades are executed on public order books, and fear of front-running manipulation by traders. That is where AirSwap comes in.
AirSwap protocol is a peer-to-peer network for trading digital assets. The protocol runs in a decentralized way, allowing users to have full control of their funds. Furthermore, it ensures executed trade prices are the same as the user’s order price, without slippage, front running, or price manipulation, and p2p trade eliminates counterparty risks.
AST is the native utility and governance token of the AirSwap network. It is used by traders to announce their availability on the network and for staking by contributors to participate in the voting and development of the protocol.
|Launch Date||October 2017|
|Founder||Michael Oved, Sam Tabar, and Don Mosites|
|Blockchain Protocol||Ethereum Blockchain|
|Market Cap||$22.70 million|
|Token Type||Native and Governance|
|Circulating Supply||174.48 million|
|Total Supply||5 million|
|Consensus Method||RFQ, OTC and LastLook Protocol|
Who are the Founders of AirSwap?
AirSwap was founded in 2017 by Michael Oved, CEO and co-founder of Fluidity, Sam Tabar, CEO of BitDigital, and Don Mosites, lead product manager of AirSwap. All of the founders have wide experience working in web3 and decentralized technologies.
How does AirSwap work?
The AirSwap protocol requires two entities to complete a trade: Makers and Takers.
A maker is a user who continuously creates and cancels orders and asks for the market price to get profit from the spread between the two. While Taker is the party, who executes market buys and sells to complete the maker’s order.
In AirSwap, users communicate with each other and settle on the price they want to exchange tokens for, and once the price is confirmed, the transaction is performed through smart contracts. The protocol’s atomic swaps ensure the safety and security of user funds, by reverting the entire transaction in case any operation fails during the transaction process.
Following its relaunch in 2021, AirSwap described itself as a developer DAO focused on building the world’s best decentralized peer-to-peer trading system.
What makes AST Unique Use Cases?
- AirSwap protocol provides cheap and efficient transactions to its users, irrespective of the price or size of the tokens being swapped.
- Users can chat, negotiate, and trade tokens in the AirSwap Spaces platform.
- Users can stake their AST tokens to contribute proposals and participate in the decision-making and development process of the system to earn rewards.
- AirSwap does not require users to create accounts or share information to use the platform. They can connect their wallet directly with AirSwap to execute trades.
AirSwap (AST) Price Analysis
- After the breakout from its consolidated zone, FIS price experienced a surge in mid-May and went up to $0.2312.
- However, the FIS price has been falling since last week and is currently trading near support of $0.1281.
- If the FIS price manages to revert its current downtrend, it might surge again and touch $0.19 by Q3 on 2023.
|AST Price Today||$0.1301|
|Price Change (Yearly)||73.3%|
|Market Rank (as per CMC)||585|
|Market Cap||$22.70 million|
|Fully Diluted Market Cap||$65.07 million|
How to Buy AST Token in India?
To buy AST Token in India, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the CoinDCX App on your Smartphone
- Enter the details required for registration.
- Complete KYC
- After your profile is verified, fund your wallet and buy an AST
Alien Worlds: Explore, compete, and thrive in a decentralized NFT metaverse.
eCash (XEC): Revolutionizing digital transactions, leaving Bitcoin’s shadow in style!