We are back with yet another feature of the #CryptoSpotlight series. In our last feature, we had team Crypto News Hindi with us. The feature was our first Hindi interview article and enlightened us on why we need to tap local markets for spreading awareness about the Indian crypto industry.
And, today’s guest of honor is Shalini, a popular digital content creator who is one of the pioneers in the Indian crypto community. So, let’s know about her journey and her take on the current scenario of the crypto industry in India.
1) Hello Shalini! Can you tell our readers what your brand/company is about and how it is helping the Indian crypto ecosystem?
Shalini – I started my Twitter handle back in 2017 when there was no ‘Indian crypto community.’ Over the past 3 years, through my handle, I shared relevant news, analysis of the industry, and raised awareness about Bitcoin in particular.
“I became a content creator by chance when one day I just decided to start tweeting and had never expected to receive so much support and love from the community.”
2) What is your crypto story? How did you first start and what motivated you to become a community voice?
Shalini – Back in 2017, a friend got paid in Bitcoin by a popular Indian food tech startup. Together we explored what this Bitcoin thing is all about and the rest is history. I became a content creator by chance when one day I just decided to start tweeting and had never expected to receive so much support and love from the community.
3) What are the changes you have seen from the day you became a community voice until now?
Shalini – Over the past 3 years, the main thing that has changed is the way the world looks at Indian Crypto & Blockchain industry. To serve the needs of the Indian Crypto community, exchanges have been pushed to innovate with new technologies like P2P trading, advanced trading features, and improvements in user security.
4) Tell us how are you bringing about the crypto revolution in India.
Shalini – One tweet, one day at a time 🙂
5) What are the current challenges you feel the Indian crypto ecosystem has and what do you think is the resolution for this?
Shalini – The overall perception of the industry by people who read mainstream articles about Crypto.
“I would send Mr. Modi some BTC and walk him through seeing his first BTC account while explaining what crypto solves and its future potential.”
6) If you get the chance to meet Mr. Modi, what will you tell/suggest to him about the Indian crypto industry?
Shalini – I would send Mr. Modi some BTC and walk him through seeing his first BTC account while explaining what crypto solves and its future potential.
7) What changes do you think crypto will bring in India in the next 5,10 years?
Shalini – There will be more investments, job openings, and financial inclusion.
8) Your views on #TryCrypto and how we can strengthen crypto adoption in India?
Shalini – You must include non-crypto influencers and content creators in your mission along with some solid PR.
Thank you, Shalini for sharing your thoughts with our readers. We hope to see you back on ‘Crypto Spotlight’ soon.
Stay tuned with us as we will be publishing our next feature of the series very soon. The feature will have another eminent community voice who will share their views and would enlighten us further on the future prospects of the Indian crypto ecosystem.
Follow our blog to know about the new token listings, product features, partnerships, trading competitions, and all other announcements.