Do you love gaming? Have GTA, NFS, Call of Duty, or PUBG been your favorites while you were growing up? Did you always want to make a career in gaming? If you answered yes to any of those questions then you would be happy to know that according to reports the global blockchain gaming sector has been predicted to grow by 125.65 Billion USD. Blockchain gaming has lately attracted a lot of attention from gamers across the globe. The number of gamers is skyrocketing like crazy.
Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) since their inception have proven that they can change the way we see the gaming sector today. The emergence of NFTs has brought in a new and exciting order where the players just do not take up more critical roles and become a part of the gaming economy but also receive amazing rewards during the process. The gaming paradigm has slowly started to shift as the game developers have started to opt for blockchain as the backbone technology while developing. In this article, we have curated some of the best NFT games that you must watch out for if you are really into NFT, NFT gaming, or NFT game development. Before diving into the top NFT games, let us understand how you can earn money through NFT games.
An NFT game is not your everyday conventional game. It involves some unconventional game mechanisms that allow users to have greater control over the built-in game assets such as characters, weapons, virtual lands, character attributes, etc. This becomes possible by launching the games on blockchain and further leveraging them with digital-asset-powered economies. These digital assets called the non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have key characteristics of their own and no two NFTs are similar thus adding the rarity factor to themselves. This adoption of NFT token standards lets the developer preserve the rarity as well as the uniqueness of these NFTs. Now you know, why few game assets are more expensive than the others.
There are 3 ways to claim ownership of these digital assets. Either the players can breed or create new characters, purchase the NFTs on the native platform or from the top NFT marketplaces, or can advance through the game and earn new items. Whatever the mode of acquisition is, the user has complete ownership over these items. The gamer can then sell or distribute the NFT and earn real money from the virtual trade. This is why this gaming model is called the play-to-earn model.
|Best NFT Games to Explore in 2022||Website|
|Battle of Guardian||https://battleofguardians.com/|
|The Sandbox 3D||https://www.sandbox.game/en/|
1. Axie Infinity: Loved the animation Pokemon as a kid? or played Pokemon Go? Axie Infinity has heavily drawn its inspiration from the Pokemon game series but with a blockchain twist. This blockchain twist makes the finished product all the more exciting. This is an Ethereum based game, where players can just not collect NFT based digital pets called axies but can also breed them. Each axies has its own genetic imprint, therefore every axie has its own set of strengths and weaknesses and the same is passed down to its offspring.
These digital pets are also tradeable on the top NFT marketplaces and the prices vary depending on the attributes, rarity, and utility of each axie. Wondering how to assess the value of an NFT?
Read: How to assess the value of an NFT
2. Battle of Guardian: Battle of Guardian (BOG) is a real-time multiplayer NFT player-vs-player game that has been developed on the Unreal Engine. It is an advanced war-based game built on the Solana network allowing players to constantly defeat and fight each other for more rewards. It just does not help users through its blockchain technology but its graphics are also superb. The players have the liberty to engage in fierce multi-realm battles being conducted in various areas of the huge Sci-Fi world this game is built in. This game has been designed for PC gamers, however, it is already working on plans to support cross-platform multiplayer battle arenas on Android and iOS.
BOG is an ardent believer in the future of metaverse and is continuously striving towards building a secured gaming economy that holds long-term potential. The BOG metaverse is quite fun and engaging and not to forget the stunning graphics it has. The unique NFTs and the several opportunities to earn real money while playing the game is also a huge bonus point. Experts believe that the NFT fighting game market has a lot of potential. It already contributes 10% to the current gaming market cap.
Additional Read: How to buy NFTs
3. Gods Unchained: Gods Unchained is a free-to-play game designed such that it infuses both the elements of NFT and a familiar card trading game. In this game, the players accumulate cards by purchasing them from various other players or defeating them in player-vs-player matches where the gaming skills, as well as the quality of the cards, determine the winner. This game runs on the ranked game mode where players having the same ratings are often matched together. The player who causes the opponent’s life to drop to zero before theirs win the match and thus the NFT. Every win even contributes to the experience point of the gamer. The gamer moves on to the next level upon crossing a certain threshold and also receives a new deck of cards to add to the collection.
Now, coming to the blockchain part of it, every card is backed by an ERC-721 token. These cards can be traded within the native platform or on other open NFT marketplaces. The players upon transaction within the game, receive the native token called GODS.
Additional Read: Top 10 NFT Marketplaces
4. Sorare: Loved football? Have you played FIFA? Sorare is your goto fantasy football trading card game built on the Ethereum blockchain. Players need to buy or collect their trading cards before competing in a weekly competition. They also stand a chance to unlock rare cards or even win ETH. According to data, Sorare had more than 200 clubs officially licensed on the platform by October 2021. In this game, there are four categories of cards namely rare, super-rare, commons, and unique. The game is a free-to-play game where players are given a set of random cards while completing certain onboarding tasks. However, if you want to level up and move ahead in the game, the players need to buy rarer cards available on the marketplace using ETH.
The players need to assemble a five-player team from the deck cards available to them and enter into weekly competitions. Based on the performances of the chosen players from their real-life football matches, the number of points is decided for the team. Players can buy and sell these cards on the platform itself or from other NFT marketplaces.
Additional Read: How to protect your NFTs
5. The Sandbox 3D: One of the most active NFT gaming platforms, Sandbox is a voxel-based gaming metaverse. In this platform, the users can trade and build virtual assets. This game also lets the players manipulate and monetize the voxel assets. You can also think of it as the blockchain iteration of popular gaming titles like Roblox and Minecraft.
The platform even lets the users create and animate objects and eventually sell them on the marketplace. Users can even play and create custom games within the platform. The Sandbox also has its native token SAND which is also an ERC-20 token. Players can even purchase in-game items on the NFT marketplace. Wondering if SAND is a great pick or not among the other top metaverse tokens?
Read: MANA vs SAND
6. Splinterlands: Splinterlands is also a free-to-play card game where one can earn by winning card matchups. To play Splinterlands, the user first needs to buy a starter deck of cards, register to a steem account, and unveil the purchased cards on Splinterlands. There are chances that the user might find similar or identical cards within the first deck, in that case, they can boost their power by selling one of them in return for crypto.
Once the player is familiarized with the cards and their strengths, he can move on to play and challenge other players. Depending on the outcome of the match, the player earns more cards. These cards also serve as NFTs.
Also Read: What are Crypto Games?
7. CryptoKitties: CryptoKitties was the first-ever game built on the Ethereum network. Players can trade, buy or breed cats of their desirable attributes which are unique and indivisible. These cats in themselves are ERC-721 tokens or what are commonly called CryptoKitties NFTs. Players can buy and sell these NFT tokens from top NFT marketplaces like OpenSea or LooksRare. This game was launched in the year 2017 and is the oldest NFT game ever.
The popularity of this NFT game has been such that it caused congestion in the year of launch itself on the Ethereum network. A Cryptokitty is either generated by breeding two Kitties together or buying from the marketplace. Breeding lets players unlock some rare attributes. Players can even earn rewards by raising a collection of cats. Once a player has a collection, these cats can be taken to the KittyVerse where they get into catfights.
Additional Read: How to make an NFT and sell it
It is evident from the list of best NFT games that we curated for you that these NFT games adopt the popular gaming genres and combine them with the technology of blockchain producing a more rewarding and entertaining gaming experience. As such, NFT games are super easy to play. They are not just highly rewarding but also enjoyable. In the case of games like Axie Infinity, Sandbox, etc players can earn a decent income. If you are that game fanatic who also wants to enjoy some of the NFT games, then these top NFT games are a must-consider before you get your gaming console ready.
Stay updated with the latest happenings around the crypto space with our CoinDCX blog. Start your crypto journey today with the CoinDCX app, India’s simplest and safest crypto investment app.
Disclaimer: The above views, information represent the independent views of Primestack Pte. Ltd, Neblio Technologies Pvt. Ltd, and/or their affiliate entities and are for informational/ educational purposes only. The content, information or data provided above is not an offer, or solicitation of an offer, to invest in, or to buy or sell any interest or shares, digital assets/ cryptocurrencies or securities, or to participate in any investment or trading strategy. Any statement or communication made above shall not be treated as legal, financial, investment or tax advice by the reader. The calculations, data, risk-return formulations, performance or market capitalization indicators captured above are based on the independent data sourcing including collation of public information and/or analysis performed by analysts, advisors or employees of Primestack Pte. Ltd/ Neblio Technologies Pvt. Ltd and/or their affiliate companies and/or any third party. Past performance is not indicative of any future results. The reader(s) are hereby advised to consult their financial/ legal/ tax advisor(s) before making any investment.