- Litecoin price closed the previous day’s trade at $57.22 with a market capitalization of $4.02 billion and a circulating supply of nearly 71 million
- While the chart patterns are open, technicals suggest a notable upswing may lift the LTC price by more than 20%
|Market Cap||$4.00 billion|
|Circulating Supply||71 million|
|Total Supply||84 million|
|Vol (24H)||$615.5 million|
Technical Analysis for August 2022
August trade was believed to be pretty bullish as the price was closer in achieving one of the important resistance above $70. Woefully, the asset faced rejection at $64 which was further fueled by the recent market movements compelling the price to mark monthly lows at $52.
However, an attempt to prevent extensive drain is going on and hence the LTC price is expected to maintain a notable price action ahead. Now when the monthly close is fast approaching, the asset may intensify its actions and movements. Therefore, by the end of August, the LTC price may reach the resistance at $73.
Additional Read: Litecoin Price Prediction
Technical Analysis at a Glance
The start of the yearly trade was extremely bearish for the LTC price which also included a failed attempt of breaking above the descending consolidation. Further, multiple external factors drain the price extensively. Currently, the asset is trying to set up an ascending consolidation and may stand strong withstanding bearish pressure.
|Short-Term||Litecoin price is been challenged by the bears but the asset appears to be poised to regain the lost levels above $60 soon|
|Mid-Term||The asset appears slightly bearish as the bulls may have got exhausted but displaying possibilities of a revival|
|Long-Term||The volume and volatility have dropped notably and hence the LTC price may consolidate within narrow ranges|
Technical Indicators & Pivot Levels
|Indicator||Value (STF/HTF)||Action (STF/HTF)|
|Relative Strength Index(RSI)||49.78 / 37.33||Neutral / Sell|
|MACD||-0.89 / -17.37||Sell / Sell|
|Average Directional Index(ADX)||32.96 / 33.78||Sell / Sell|
|Ultimate Oscillator||60.25 / 52.39||Buy / Buy|
|Bull-Bear Power||-0.29 / -16.70||Sell / Sell|
|Moving Average||Short Term||Long Term|
Litecoin is in a transition phase where-in the bears may soon outpower the bulls. The technicals are also in the same transition phase as some are neutral, while some are bearish. However, Ultimate Oscillator is bullish which indicates an upcoming trend reversal towards the north. Moreover, RSI is neutral which means either the buying pressure or selling pressure could dominate.
While the long-term price forecast is extremely bearish, the Ultimate Oscillator is still bullish. Fortunately, the volatility is less and hence the price could continue steadily in the direction led by the volume induced.
ON CHAIN METRICS Analysis
- The number of long-term and mid-term traders called the Holders & Cruisers resp has been rising since the beginning of 2022. While a huge drop with the short term holders holding below a month is recorded
- Ever since the market collapsed in May, the LTC whales holding 10K to 100K has dropped notably, while the retail traders with a balance of fewer than 100 coins have risen significantly
- Interestingly, the Daily active address which was pretty consistent from a long time has dropped heavily since the recent LTC price plunge
- The MVRV ratio which is a comparison between the market value of the asset and its realized value is positive. This signals the price is not undervalued.
Litecoin(LTC) Technical Analysis for Short Term
- The LTC price despite the bearish action in the recent past has strongly sustained within an ascending parallel channel
- The asset in the short term is displaying acute strength and hence a remarkable rebound appears to be pre-programmed
- After consolidating along the lower support for some time, the price could rise high after breaking from immense upward pressure
- With a breakout, the asset may initial hit $60 and later continue ranging high withstanding bearish pressure
Litecoin(LTC) Technical Analysis for Long-Term
- The LTC price in the long-term is trading within an ascending triangle, and hence flashing bullish signals
- The rebound at the lower support is one of the indications of the upcoming upswing that could uplift the price close to $68
- However, if the price breaks out from the ascending consolidation, then it may surge towards the crucial resistance at $73
- On the contrary, a bearish pressure could keep the price consolidated below $60 until the bulls uplift the price
Where & How to Buy LTC coin(LTC)?
Want to buy Litecoin(LTC)? Then you are at the right place!
Here, in CoinDCX, you can not only avail the best deals in the market but also explore multiple investment options. With Crypto Investment Plan(CIP), you can invest in easy weekly instalments. While CoinDCX Earn enables your idle crypto investments to earn additional income in form of interest.
Therefore, download the CoinDCX Crypto App and register yourself now!
Is Litecoin bullish or bearish?
Litecoin is presently misty but displaying huge changes of a bearish trend to prevail, nullifying the interim bullish impacts.
What is the current RSI for LTC?
The RSI for LTC in the short-term is 48.78 while in the long-term it is 37.33.
Is it a good time to buy Litecoin?
Litecoin has been away from huge price variations and maintained its own trend. Therefore, may be considered as a good investment option.
Key Takeaways: After trading under the bearish influence, Bitcoin price…
Learning about technical analysis and indicators have not been easier before!