NFT is non-fungible token that employ blockchain technology to serve as certificates of ownership for virtual and physical assets. NFTs are dominating the virtual realms of art, music, and sports. And as a result of this new trend’s popularity, celebrities, musicians, designers, and even tech giants are partnering to create innovative concepts.
They’ve tokenized everything, from a single tweet on Twitter to footage of themselves doing simple tasks like walking or sleeping. Albums are being released as NFT drops with digital events and immersive NFTs by musicians. With digital clothing and collections, some are constructing their own themed-metaverse. Majority of them donate their earnings to social causes such as women empowerment, COVID relief, LGBTQ rights, education, and poverty among others. Let’s explore some of the popular NFT art projects launched by known artists.
Top 10 Celebrities Who Have Launched Their NFT Art Projects
|Celebrity||NFT Project||In Partnership With||About The NFT||Marketplace & Blockchain|
|Paris Hilton||Paris: Past Lives, New Beginnings||Superplastic, a toy brand||Autobiographical NFTs representing Hilton’s ‘symbolic closing of one chapter of her life and moving onto the next’.||Origin Protocol on Ethereum Blockchain|
|Lindsay Lohan||‘Lullaby’ Music NFT||DJ Manual Riva||An electronic music, ‘Lullaby’, and its accompanying visuals minted as a Music NFT||FansForever NFT Marketplace on Tron Blockchain|
|Grimes||WarNymph||Mac Boucher||Digital beings created by splicing pixel DNA from Grimes, an organic human. It exists in Grimes’ narrative universe, which includes an alternate history of mythology.||NiftyGateway Marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain|
|Snoop Dogg||B.O.D.R Stash Box NFTs||Gala Games||A genesis of Listen-to-Earn, each B.O.D.R. Stash Box contains 1 of 18 tracks from the album, all 3 Gala exclusive bonus tracks, a whitelist token, etc.||Gala, an online gaming platform on the Ethereum Blockchain|
|Shawn Mendes||Wonder||Genies||From a virtual guitar to necklaces, vests, and earrings, the collection comprises digital wearables.||OpenSea Marketplace|
|Eminem||Shady Con||–||A digital festival inspired by traditional “Con” gatherings where fans gather to exchange their wares.||NiftyGateway Marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain|
|Jack Dorsey||First Tweet||–||His 15yr-old tweet, ‘“just setting up my twttr” minted as an NFT||‘Valuables’ by Cent Social Network on Ethereum Blockchain|
|Cara Delevingne||Mine||Chemical X||A video clip about her vagina as a Bitcoin-Powered NFT||Stacks Blockchain|
|Steve Aoki||Dream Catcher||Antoni Tudisco||8 NFT pieces that also came with physical copies||NiftyGateway Marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain|
|Kate Moss||Sleep with Kate||–||A video of Kate sleeping||Foundation Marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain|
Top 10 Celebrities In The NFT Art Space Right Now
Since the early 2000s, Paris Whitney Hilton has been the OG influencer, capturing trends before they became mainstream. From her Y2K style, predicting that selfies would replace autographs, to now entering the NFT world. Since 2016, Paris Hilton has been a crypto investor, and describes herself as a “Citizen and Icon of the Metaverse.”
- Cryptograph of Munchkin: Hilton’s first NFT sold in 2020, which won the “Best Charity NFT”
- Planet Paris: An NFT series featuring three unique pieces, titled “Hummingbird in My Metaverse,” “Legend of Love,” and “Iconic Crypto Queen.” The collection as a whole sold for more than a million dollars.
- Hilton joined the NFT platform Origin Protocol as an investor and strategic advisor to help others mint and sell their own NFTs on the network.
- Paris: Past Lives, New Beginnings: Hilton’s latest autobiography NFT series containing four distinct NFTs – ‘My Forever Fairytale’, ‘Tabloid Dysphoria‘, ‘All Eyes on Me’, and ‘Truth is Freedom’.
Lindsay Lohan, star of the film “Mean Girls,” believes that crypto, NFTs, and blockchain will become the norm in the future of entertainment. Lohan made her first foray into the NFT realm with a tweet that “Bitcoin is the future”. She then encouraged her 8.4 million followers to visit her first NFT – the word “LIGHTNING” written in the shape of a lightning bolt.
- Lullaby Music NFT: features a butterfly flapping its wings in unison with Lohan’s eyelids to the beat of “Lullaby.” It was sold for over $85,000!
- Lindsay recently released a Furry NFT version of herself with the Canine Cartel collective on OpenSea
- Lohan is an advisor to the Superfandom marketplace on the Stacks blockchain
Grimes is a musician known for her experimentation with art and alien-like cosmetics. The virtual age’s fluidity of identity, i.e, the potential to create, augment, and splinter ourselves into countless avatars, and create limitless worlds, is explored in Grimes’ recent NFT collection, WarNymph.
- In less than 20 minutes, WarNymph won her nearly $6 million, with The “Death of the Old” NFT sold for $389,000.
- A portion of the sales proceeds went to Carbon 180, a non-profit dedicated to reducing carbon emissions.
Additional Read: What are Play-to-Earn Games?
Snoop Dogg, the globally-known rapper, innovator, and entrepreneur, believes that technology will transform the way artists do business. It is evident with some of the notable NFT projects that Dogg has launched:
- B.O.D.R Stash Box NFTs: Snoop’s most recent album (B.O.D.R.) is minted on the blockchain, with tracks sold as NFTs in Stash Box. Additional TBD prizes will be included in each box, such as access to owner drops, improved in-game utilities over time, and the upcoming option to use your music to earn rewards in various Gala Games.
- A Journey with the Dogg: Snoop’s first NFT auction, where a one-of-a-kind digital artwork titled “Death Row“, sold for more than $100,000!
- Dogg disclosed about being an NFT collector and sharing tips on how to earn in the crypto world, under the pseudonym Cozomo de’ Medici.
Inspired by his Wonder album, Shawn Mendes released a collectible Genie Moments:
- The goal of his NFT launch is to raise funds for amplifying, uplifting, and empowering young digital artists who are using their talents to effect positive social change
- Proceeds from all collections support the efforts of ‘The Shawn Mendes Foundation‘, including the ‘Wonder Grants’ programme.
Additional Read: Digital Fashion In The Metaverse
Eminem’s love for vintage toys, comic books, and trading cards, dating back to his childhood days as “plain old Marshall,” has come full circle with his NFT release, Shady Con.
- Shady Con was not only a digital festival where fans could swap their digital clothing with one another, but it was also a chance for fans to possess a piece from Eminem’s first NFT drop.
- A portion of the proceeds from the 1/1 auction went to the Marshall Mathers Foundation.
- Eminem owns a Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT worth $450,000.
Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey showed the world that social media can be sold as an NFT.
- Dorsey auctioned his first tweet from March 2006 that said, “just setting up my twttr.”
- This first-ever tweet NFT fetched $2.9 million.
- All proceeds were converted to bitcoin and donated to GiveDirectly, a non-profit working towards helping those in poverty during COVID-19 response in Africa.
Additional Read: How to mint NFTs?
Model, actress, and sex-tech entrepreneur Cara Delevingne utilized the crypto market to promote female empowerment:
- Cara Delevingne’s ‘Mine’ NFT featured a video of her reading a poem about celebrating her vaginal ownership.
- She gave the proceeds to her foundation, which promotes women empowerment, COVID relief, LGBTQIA +, environmental issues, and the battle against institutional racism.
DJ Steve Aoki has been an avid collector, and the convergence of music and new forms of collecting art has provided him with “an opportunity to finally blend art, collectible culture, and music in a unique way.”
- Aoki collaborated with Antonio Tudisco, a creative director and 3D visual artist, to produce “Dream Catcher” NFT collection, and made more than $4.29 million.
- Aoki’s “Neon Future” NFT set, a sci-fi comic, was developed by digital artist Maciej Kyciara.
Kate Moss, a supermodel and businesswoman, joined the NFT craze with something truly unique: three video clips of herself.
- The three NFT video clips were Walk With Kate , Drive With Kate , Sleep with Kate, which simply contained Kate walking, driving and sleeping.
- Moss donated the proceeds to the Gurls Talk charity.
Disclaimer: Crypto products and NFTs are unregulated and can be highly risky. There may be no regulatory recourse for any loss from such transactions. In case you have any queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above information represent the independent views of Primestack Pte. Ltd, Neblio Technologies Pvt. Ltd, and/or their affiliate entities and are for informational & educational purposes only. The content, information or data provided above is not an offer, or solicitation of an offer, to invest in, or to buy or sell any interest or shares, virtual digital assets/ crypto products or securities, or to participate in any investment or trading strategy. Any statement or communication made above shall not be treated as a legal, financial, investment or tax advice by the reader. The calculations, data, risk-return formulations, performance or market capitalization indicators captured above are based on the independent data sourcing including collation of public information and/or analysis performed by analysts, advisors or employees of Primestack Pte. Ltd/ Neblio Technologies Pvt. Ltd and/or their affiliate companies and/or any third party. Past performance is not indicative of any future results. The reader(s) are hereby advised to consult their financial/ legal/ tax advisor(s) before making any investment.