Table of ContentsToggle
In line with our commitment to making crypto accessible and secure while adhering to the principle that transparency is the cornerstone of trust – we are proud to present our third consecutive quarterly Proof of Reserves (PoR) report.
At CoinDCX, we’ve always believed in simplifying the world of digital assets and maintaining the highest standards of security and compliance. Our journey, marked by the release of our very first Proof of Reserves report in December 2022, continues with this latest report for October 2023. Join us in this article to explore CoinDCX’s latest consecutive quarterly PoR report!POR Certificate - Oct 2023
CoinDCX PoR Report, October 2023:
Keeping our promise of transparency, below are the holdings of CoinDCX as an exchange – as of October 9, 2023.
The snapshot below shows that, in aggregate, CoinDCX does not take leverage or create any fractional reserves against any user funds. We operate as an exchange in its true sense.
Data as of October 30, 2023.
How Does CoinDCX Assure Simple Accessibility To Digital Assets?
As a brand, CoinDCX has always operated with the aim of simplifying the accessibility of the digital asset for the masses. Some of the features of the app are shared as an example below.
- Crypto Futures
- One tap availability of TDS reports
- 2-minute calculation of crypto taxes with KoinX integration
Now that we have taken a look at the current PoR scenario, below are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding Proof of Reserves.
What is Proof Of Reserves?
In a nutshell, Proof of Reserve can be described as an audit that is simply the method by which an exchange employs the services of a third-party crypto auditor in order to ensure that it has assets on its balance sheet and balances the customer holdings.
The release of the Proof of Reserve reports from various exchanges started to come in after the FTX fiasco happened last year, which caused the crypto market crash. Sharing of the PoR report was first proposed by Changpeng Zhao of Binance.
On Proof of Reserve and Liabilities:
- CoinDCX has an order placement system that ensures that assets bought by the users are 1:1 placed under vaults on/off-chain, especially warm/cold wallets. This ensures that for every order placed by users, CoinDCX actually buys or holds crypto assets.
- In our opinion, the much advocated “Proof Of Reserves” provides a standalone asset value, it only showcases one side of the part. There’s no visibility of liabilities. Proof of reserve without Proof of liabilities is only half the picture.
- So let’s take it one step ahead and ensure this with the Reserves to Liabilities (R2L) Ratio: Total assets owned (on/off-chain) / Total liability & contingencies.
With ease of accessibility in mind, the safety of the funds of the customers and transparency of the brand assets also come into play. To support the same, CoinDCX will keep publishing its quarterly Proof of Reserves report along with token information and our flagship 7M framework to ensure education about the space goes hand in hand with the innovative features within the CoinDCX ecosystem.
*Disclaimer: Assets/Net Worth shown is the value of the token holdings in the wallet addresses provided by the exchanges, on blockchains that Coin Gabbar supports. It is not meant to be an exhaustive, complete or comprehensive statement of the actual assets or reserves held by the exchange on behalf of its users or customers.
Unlock advanced trading features on CoinDCX’s Pro Trading for Web.
Empower your trades anytime, anywhere with CoinDCX’s Pro Trading!